From Wikipedia, the không tính tiền encyclopedia
Bạn đang xem: national geographic la gi
|Headquarters||Manhattan, Thủ đô New York City, U.S.|
|Picture format||720p HDTV |
(downscaled lớn 480i for the SDTV feed)
|Owner||The Walt Disney Company (73%) and National Geographic Society (27%)|
|Parent||National Geographic Global Networks (Disney Entertainment) and National Geographic Partners|
|Launched||January 7, 2001; 22 years ago|
|Former names||National Geographic Channel (2001–2016)|
|Service(s)||YouTube TV, Hulu + Live TV, Sling TV, FuboTV, Vidgo, DirecTV Stream|
National Geographic (formerly National Geographic Channel; abbreviated and trademarked as Nat Geo or Nat Geo TV) is an American pay television network and flagship channel owned by the National Geographic Global Networks unit of Disney Entertainment and National Geographic Partners, a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company (73%) and the National Geographic Society (27%), with the operational management handled by Disney Entertainment.
The flagship channel airs non-fiction television programs produced by National Geographic and other production companies. Like History (which is 50% owned by Disney through A&E Networks) and Discovery Channel, the channel features documentaries with factual nội dung involving nature, science, culture, and history, plus some reality and pseudo-scientific entertainment programming. Its primary sister network worldwide, including the United States, is Nat Geo Wild, which focuses on animal-related programming, including the popular Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan.
As of February năm ngoái, National Geographic is available lớn approximately 86,144,000 pay television households (74% of households with television) in the United States.
In the United States, the National Geographic Channel launched on January 7, 2001, as a joint venture of National Geographic Television & Film and Fox Cable Networks. National Geographic provides programming expertise and the Fox Networks Group provides its expertise on distribution, marketing, and advertising sales.
The '90s: The Last Great Decade, a documentary series narrated by Rob Lowe, pulled in 1.10 million viewers, and was the second highest-rated July telecast in the National Geographic Channel rating history. The 2000s: A New Reality, also narrated by Lowe, premiered on July 12, năm ngoái.
On November 14, năm nhâm thìn, National Geographic Channel was renamed as simply National Geographic, dropping the "Channel" from its name.
On December 14, 2017, in a giảm giá, The Walt Disney Company announced it would buy the majority of 21st Century Fox. Disney would assume control of Fox's controlling stake in the National Geographic partnership thereafter. Following the acquisition, National Geographic and its sister channels were folded into Walt Disney Television, with the president of the National Geographic Partners reporting directly lớn the Walt Disney Television chairman. Disney officially closed the giảm giá on March trăng tròn, 2019, having then added Nat Geo into its portfolio of networks.
National Geographic Channel's TV shows, in alphabetical order:
Theme fanfare music
Xem thêm: thoi trang game vua hai tac
The National Geographic Channel's signature theme fanfare music, which is played at the beginning of many of the channel's television programs, was composed by Elmer Bernstein. It was originally written in 1964 for the Society's television specials, which were broadcast on CBS, ABC, PBS and NBC from 1964 until the early 2000s.
Other National Geographic US channels
National Geographic HD
The United States 720p high definition simulcast of the National Geographic Channel launched in January 2006. It is available on all major cable and satellite providers.
Nat Geo Wild
Nat Geo Wild (stylized as Nat Geo WILD or abbreviated as NGW) is a cable/satellite TV channel focused on animal-related programs. It is a sister network lớn National Geographic Channel and it is the latest channel lớn be jointly launched by the National Geographic Society and Fox Cable Networks. It was launched in United States on March 29, 2010, focusing primarily on wildlife and natural history programming.
Nat Geo Mundo
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Owner||National Geographic Society|
|Launched||2011; 12 years ago|
|Service(s)||FuboTV, YouTube TV, Vidgo, Sling TV, DirecTV Stream|
Nat Geo Mundo is broadcast in American Spanish, and was launched in 2011. It shares programming with the Nat Geo Channel available in Hispanic American countries. The channel is fully-owned by the National Geographic Society with no involvement from Disney General Entertainment Content.
Nat Geo TV
Nat Geo TV is an application for smartphones and tablet computers, along with Windows 10. It allows subscribers of participating pay television providers (such as Time Warner Cable and Comcast Xfinity) numerous viewing options:
- individual episodes of National Geographic and Nat Geo Wild's original series and documentaries (which are made available live)
Controversy and criticism
In 2013, the network began airing the reality show Are You Tougher Than a Boy Scout?. National Geographic Channel was criticized for their association with the Boy Scouts of America, an organization which, until a vote in May of that year that overturned its ban, had forbidden openly gay members.
Archaeologists have protested that National Geographic shows such as Diggers and Nazi War Diggers promote the looting and destruction of archaeological sites by promoting the work of metal detecting souvenir hunters and collectable dealers. In 2013 the National Geographic Channel mix off a firestorm of controversy with its reality show Diggers. Professional archaeologists from the Society for Historical Archaeology, the largest scholarly group concerned with the archaeology of the modern world (A.D. 1400–present), roundly criticized the network for promoting the theft of cultural materials on public and private land. The show Nazi War Diggers was accused of showing unscientific and disrespectful handling of human remains. A promotional quote from a military relic dealer, "I feel that by selling things that are Nazi-related and for lots of money, I am preserving things that museums don't want lớn giảm giá with," was removed from the channel's trang web in March năm trước. National Geographic expressed regret for how the series was presented by its own trang web but maintained that many of the accusations against the series were based on misinformation. The show was repackaged, amid controversy, as Battlefield Recovery for air during năm nhâm thìn on Channel 5 in the UK.
Xem thêm: content creator la gi
- List of documentary television channels
- List of National Geographic documentary films
- List of programs broadcast by National Geographic Channel
- National Geographic Abu Dhabi
- National Geographic (Asia)
- National Geographic (Australia and New Zealand)
- National Geographic (Canadian TV channel)
- National Geographic (France)
- National Geographic (Germany)
- National Geographic (Greece)
- National Geographic (India)
- National Geographic (Netherlands)
- National Geographic (South Korea)
- National Geographic (UK and Ireland)
- National Geographic (Latin America)
- National Geographic Farsi
- Nat Geo People
- ^ a b Littleton, Cynthia (March 19, 2019). "Disney Closes $71 Billion 21st Century Fox Deal". Variety. Retrieved April 3, 2019.
- ^ Seidman, Robert (February 22, 2015). "List of how many homes each cable network is in as of February 2015". TV by the Numbers. Zap2it. Archived from the original on February 23, 2015. Retrieved March 14, 2015.
- ^ "Doctoring the Health Channel" (PDF). Broadcasting & Cable. January 8, 2001. p. 12. Retrieved August 8, 2021.
- ^ Gabrielle Pantera. "Nat Geo Channel The 2000s, Rob Lowe Narrates the Naughties". HollywoodDailyStar.com. Retrieved July 12, 2015.
- ^ "The Walt Disney Company To Acquire Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc., After Spinoff Of Certain Businesses, For $52.4 Billion In Stock" (Press release). The Walt Disney Company. December 14, 2017. Archived from the original on December 14, 2017. Retrieved December 14, 2017.
- ^ Andreeva, Nellie (October 8, 2018). "Disney Unveils Top TV Executive Structure Post Fox Acquisition: Peter Rice, Dana Walden, John Landgraf, Gary Knell Joining". Deadline. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- ^ "Apocalypse 101" – via www.imdb.com.
- ^ "Building Wild" – via www.imdb.com.
- ^ "National Geographic Launches Nat Geo Mundo, New Network For Multi-Generational And Bicultural U.S. Latinos". April 4, 2011. Archived from the original on July 1, 2011. Retrieved July 6, 2011.
- ^ Wong, Curtis (January 24, 2013). "Boy Scout Reality Series Deemed Anti-Gay 'Marketing Ploy' By LGBT Activists". Huffington Post.
- ^ "Two Popular TV Shows Under Fire From Archaeologists". HuffPost. March 2, 2012.
- ^ "National Geographic's Diggers: is it better?". Society for Historical Archaeology. February 2013. Retrieved July 13, 2016.
- ^ Mashberg, Tom (March 28, 2014). "TV Series Is Criticized in Handling of Deceased". The Thủ đô New York Times – via NYTimes.com.
- ^ "Channel 5 accused of supporting 'grave-robbing' over TV show Battlefield Recovery". the Guardian. January 8, 2016. Retrieved January 7, 2021.
- National Geographic U.S.A.
- National Geographic Latin America
- National Geographic UK
- National Geographic Russia
- National Geographic India
- National Geographic Australia
- National Geographic Netherlands
- National Geographic Iran (in Persian)